Thursday 6 December 2007

Big News in the DFCC Universe: Last HTRK Show of the Year

It's a little too well-documented how much I love Melbourne-->Berlin-->London transplants HTRK, so I'm gonna keep this short. It's fairly obvious from the reviews on this blog that my heart/mind is trapped in a timewarp that fades back and forth between 1881 and 1981, so it's straight-up DELIGHTFUL to see a band that's dark, loud, and hypnotic without ever sounding derivative or unoriginal. HTRK sounds like the combination of all my musical inspirations (Swans, Siouxsie, Suicide) and aspirations (my new band is totally going to give you a nose bleed!), and I am really going to miss their live show when I am no longer in London.

Just like I'm going miss it on Friday! Because I'm going to ATP, I'm going to miss out on what looks like an awesome evening put on by Vision Videos. The band says it's their last show for the year, so if you're in London, please go see this show and have a drink for me!

6 December 2008
STEREO -- GLASGOW
LIARS + HTRK

7 December 2008
FACTION @ VISION VIDEOS, 588 KINGSLAND RD, E8
HTRK(LIVE) / AND DJ SETS FROM / PART CHIMP / A.R.E. WEAPONS / ULTERIOR / RICHARD CLOUSTON/COSEY / NEW BLACK LIGHT MACHINE JOHN MEADE/GREATEST HITS / FACTION DJ’s


For more about my obsession with this band, or to find links to some quietly menacing, fuzzed out tracks, please see these previous posts.

How do I love HTRK? Let me count the MySpace pages
A User's Guide to the band's four--count them--FOUR MySpace pages, one for each recording.

When Awesome Things Happen to Great People
Liars and HTRK tour Europe together!

or

HTRK: Best Band of Our Time?
Band profile

Or if you need me to do the work for you, here's a link the the MySpace page with one of my favorite tracks on it, "Rentboy". HTRK Marry Me Tonight Myspace page.

No comments: