Saturday 13 October 2007

When awesome things happen to great people


Hot damn. I must have some serious good karma accumulating somewhere because the double bill of my dreams has just been announced. It's like God himself reached down out of heaven and slapped me a super hard, stinging, hand-turning-red high five. What did I do to deserve this? Heck if I know! In fact, I can't think of a single kind word or nice deed that I've done in the past few years, so naturally the only conclusion I can reasonably reach is that I am receiving some kind of celestial endorsement just for being me!

Consider the signs. In the past couple weeks, I have experienced a series of events that can only be described as harbingers of awesomeness. Now, if viewed separately they might not amount to much, but try to envision them as individual fun spokes in a gently spinning wheel of kick-ass fortune. Ladies and gentleman of the jury, the evidence....

1. I inadvertently dreamed up the literary creation that will someday lead me to fame, fortune, and unlimited bottles of Cristal.

2. Thanks to youtube, I discovered "Real Talk", a slang phrase that would lead to hours of delight, until I tired of and forgot it a couple days ago.

3. While shopping at Whole Foods, I encountered a team member who looked vaguely like Casey Affleck in "The Assassination of Jesse James." We exchanged eye contact.

4. I rode the bus several times without getting motion sickness! (Secret: don't sit by the heater.)

See? Clearly I have somehow wandered into the good graces of a higher power. What do I have to look forward to as a newly favored being? Well, if Belinda Carlisle's postulation that "Heaven Is a Place on Earth" rings true, for me I think that heaven will be anywhere along the Liars/HTRK tour route. That's right, spectacularly creepy/rockin' group Liars together, in one place, for several dates, along with HTRK, the best band ever.

Ooh baby, do you know what that's worth?

Full date listings on the lovely HTRK myspace page.
Tour dates pertinent to these fair Isles include:

2 Nov HTRK + Liars @ BARFLY BRIGHTON
30 Nov @ RESCUE ROOMS NOTTINGHAM
3 Dec @ BLOOMSBURY THEATRE LONDON
4 Dec @ WHELANS DUBLIN
5 Dec @ AUNTY ANNIES BELFAST
6 Dec @ STEREO GLASGOW

No comments: