Wednesday 31 March 2010

Listen to this High Places song so I can go watch Mad Men


Check out this band High Places. I recently discovered them on my all-time favorite radio station, Radio K. (Their fund drive is coming up--give them money! I will be!) They are currently based out of LA, it seems. SIGH. Like everything but me.

Here are two reasons to like them:
1. Their MySpace has a weird picture of what looks like the English folklore figure of the Green Man made out of super stringy asparagus. Actually that may not be a reason to like them. My personal jury is still out on whether that's kind of awesome/kinda funny or just like, 80% straight up gross. But this next reason is a REAL reason!
2. Their track "On Giving Up" is sooooo good!!! I have listened to it like 15 times today. It is so good, in fact, that I actually have trouble deciding between listening to this song and watching Mad Men Season 3. And as you know, last week all I wanted to do in the entire world was watch Mad Men Season 3. I mean, WHAT IS GONNA HAPPEN WITH BETTY AND DON???? THIS SONG IS SO GOOD IT WON'T LET ME FIND OUT!

In case you're wondering, I guess it sounds like an electro Cocteau Twins/Tickley Feather on Thrill Jockey. Oh! Also they are on tour right now. Due to my Mad Men duties I will not be posting all the dates, but they're on the band's Myspace in abundance. Mpls residents, take note: they're here on Friday at the Triple Rock.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Diamonds, Fur Coat, Champagne is blowing my mind. I had Suicide's "Second Album" forever but never really gave it a listen. I want to talk to you about some things....

dontkidyourself@att.net