Tuesday 14 July 2009

Dream dream over this new unholily awesome Swans/Angels of Light hybrid


By now, after the last three posts I did late last night about awesome new records from HTRK, True Widow, and Bibio, you are probably thinking, "Wow I wanna be in a band with that girl." Then perhaps you looked at your large collection of Swans records and sighed and thought, "Hmm, wait a second there, friend-o. I better make sure this lady's into venerable NYC noise purveyors SWANS. But how?" Well, search no more, dude! Because OMG OMG I am so excited about this news.


It seems that Michael Gira has been playing a few shows, previewing new material that he considers just a little more Swans than his more recent, more creepily folky project Angels of Light. And now he wants to release a Swans/Angels of Light HYBRID ALBUM. His answer to an audience question after a recent show, when asked if perhaps the aforementioned unholy hybrid would tour was a resounding "maybe," but wow let me tell you that "maybe" lights up my heart. If you're in NY, check him out. He's playing some of these new jams after new Young God label signee James Jackson Toth (Wooden Wand) opens.

07.25.09 – Brooklyn, NY – Issue Project Room

(PS--The title of this post is a reference to a song by Swans side project World of Skin, for the uninitiated/forgetful. Please do not think I have started reading books about the creative process and how to let loose your inner dream diva. It's nothing like that. I may say "wow" a lot but I am at heart still deeply, deeply secretly goth. JUST SO YOU KNOW.)

No comments: