Thursday 7 May 2009

Richard Lloyd has awesome website, spring tour


Last night I was planning on seeing Richard Lloyd, guitarist from Television, at the Uptown Bar, even though--yes--it was at the Uptown Bar. But then this whole thing happened that occurs when you work a single retail job and have thousands of dollars in student loans: I didn't have any money. So yes, I missed Richard Lloyd, which is a real shame, but without it, I wouldn't have discovered his AWESOME WEBSITE. A blessing in disguise, see? Richardlloyd.com has lessons on playing the guitar, which would probably be more useful to me if I ever actually practiced the guitar. But the real draw here is "Ask Richard." At first I assumed (as, of course, I would) that you could ask Richard anything--like dating advice, or what's a good restaurant to take your mom to for Mother's Day. In reality, the feature is mainly about guitar tips or stuff about Television, but still, I approve. Four stars! Oh, and hey, you should go see Richard Lloyd, because I couldn't. Twenty-two minutes till The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. No time to be funny. GO SEE RICHARD!!



05.09.09 - Chicago, IL - Abbey Pub
05.11.09 - Detroit, MI - Corktown Tavern
05.13.09 - Cleveland, OH - Now That's Class
05.14.09 - Dayton, OH - Canal Street Tavern
05.15.09 - Rochester, NY - Bug Jar
05.16.09 - Boston, MA - Church

No comments: