Thursday 22 January 2009

C ya band: Mick Harvey leaves the Bad Seeds


As I postulated earlier today on a local music scene message board, it is entirely possible that Mick Harvey's "personal and professional reasons" for leaving the Bad Seeds could be simply a front for a possible ultrasecret, ultraromantic mission Nick Cave assigned him in order to find my whereabouts and convince me to return to England to be with him forever. Here's what Mick actually says. READ BETWEEN THE LINES PEOPLE READ BETWEEN THE LINES.

"After 25 years I feel I am leaving the band as it experiences one of its many peaks; in very healthy condition, and with fantastic prospects for the future. I’m confident Nick will continue to be a creative force and that this is the right time to pass on my artistic and managerial role to what has become a tremendous group of people who can support him in his endeavours both musically and organisationally. It was a fantastic experience to finish my touring days in the band with the recent shows in Australia and the unique events that took place in conjunction with All Tomorrow’s Parties, especially Mt. Buller, which was one of the many highlights of my involvement with the band throughout the years."

No comments: