Friday 8 August 2008

Tricky! Coming to a city not near you!


Sure, Chicago ordinarily does not seem far away. It is what, 8 hours by car? But it is sooooooooooo far away when you are soooooooooo broke. And besides I am already going to Chicago in September to see Nick Cave! Yay! My first trip into hell--er--my first trip on the megabus! Hurrah!

Anyway, in a move that seemed inevitable to the thousands of people who joked about the return of trip-hop when Massive Attack started doing big festivals and curating Meltdown, and when Portishead, of course, came back with Third, Tricky is back! His new album Knowle West Boy sounds pretty damn awesome, even the song that sounds kind of rap-metal-y and which eventually grew on me after listening to the album a lot at work. And so he's playing shows in America, which would be cool to go to, but which I will not, because...well...I think I have talked about it in every single post on this page for the last 3 months.

In other news, someone is building a giant blue shark-hippo on wheels in the alley behind my house. I am not making this up. I walked out of my house one Saturday morning and there it was! I will keep you posted unless it eats me.


09.04.08 - New York, NY - The Fillmore At Irving Plaza
09.05.08 - Philadelphia, PA - The Trocadero
09.06.08 - Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
09.08.08 - Chicago, IL - House Of Blues
09.09.08 - Toronto, ONT - Phoenix
09.11.08 - Anaheim, CA - House Of Blues
09.12.08 - Los Angeles, CA - Henry Fonda Theatre
09.14.08 - San Francisco, CA - The Independent

No comments: