Tuesday 19 August 2008

CMJ line-up lookin' good, but still no Pop Montreal

I have been assured that CMJ is no SXSW. And certainly no Pop Montreal. (Pleeeeeeeeeeeease somebody go with me pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease, this is a once in a lifetime chance to go to French Canada and see Nick Cave AND Burt Bacharach AND Wire AND Silver Apples with ME, your dream French Canada travel companion!) But here you have it, some of my favorite highlights from the upcoming CMJ festival:

Beach House, Broken Social Scene, Lykke Li, Crystal Castles, A Place to Bury Strangers, DMBQ, Jay Reatard, King Khan & The BBQ Show, Lee "Scratch" Perry, Marissa Nadler, Psychic Ills, The Homosexuals

And of course, there will be more. Keep in mind that when I say "favorite highlights", it does not necessarily equate to "you and me eating crepes after a memorable evening of watching Burt Bacharach croon "Walk On By," one of the all time greatest songs ever." But I am really busy this week, and so I gotta post by updates when they come to me, am I right?

Video: Lykke Li, "Little Bit"

No comments: