Wednesday 23 July 2008

Finally...Wire tour dates!


I feel like I've been talking about this Wire tour forever. But in really nebulous terms like "I don't know when, but there's definitely a Minneapolis date!" or "they have a new album...so I mean...logically they SHOULD tour...." And finally here we have them, real legit tour dates. I'll keep this short, because I've been talking about this tour and their latest album Object 47, for so long that even I am bored. At last! At last, my dreams of seeing Wire--dreams I have carried with me ever since one of my friends lived in a house with a Wire/Sonic Youth tour poster in the bathroom that would taunt me "You will never see Wire! You will neeeeever see Wire! They will never come to the United States again AND YOU MISSED IT when you could've seen them"--those dreams will be fulfilled. Sigh. What an inspiring bathroom.

Here's the dates, in all their glory:

08-30 London, England - Hainaut Forest Country Park (Offset Festival)
09-08 London, England - The Scala
09-09 Leeds, England - Met University
09-10 Nottingham, England - Rescue Rooms
09-11 Glasgow, Scotland - The Arches
09-12 Manchester, England - Academy 3
09-19 Amsterdam, Netherlands - Melkweg
09-20 Ghent, Belgium - Minnemeers
09-21 Tilburg, Netherlands - ZXZW Festival
09-22 Brussels, Belgium - Botanique
10-05 Montreal, Quebec - Le National
10-06 Ottawa, Ontario - Barrymore's
10-07 Toronto, Ontario - Lee's Palace
10-08 Cambridge, MA - Middle East Downstairs
10-10 Philadelphia, PA - Johnny Brenda's
10-11 Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
10-12 Atlanta, GA - Variety Playhouse
10-14 Los Angeles, CA - Echoplex
10-15 San Francisco, CA - The Fillmore
10-16 Vancouver, British Columbia - The Commodore Ballroom
10-17 Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue
10-18 Chicago, IL - Metro

No comments: