Thursday 28 February 2008

Beirut hits the road!


Guy from Beirut, I bet you want a comely lady friend to travel beside you on your topsy-turvy, vaguely Jazz Age-y journeys through France and Eastern Europe. I am not hitting on you, because I do not think that you are hot. But my French is pretty decent when I am drunk (or maybe I just think I'm better at everything than I actually am when I'm drunk--imagine that!), I have a jaunty wardrobe of passably vintage clothes, and I know how to properly prepare absinthe. I have been to Transylvania!!! So as you see I am more than qualified to not work an office job anymore and not pay rent anymore and just hop trains with wandering gypsy musicians as we collect wild stories and beautifully melancholy indie pop songs together. Also I can tell the difference between a good latte (Climpson and Sons, I love you. You live on in my heart.) and a BAD latte (pretty much every coffeeshop in Minneapolis.)


PS--Your mustache is awesome.


03-05 Sydney, Australia - Manning Bar
03-06 Brisbane, Australia - The Zoo
03-08 Adelaide, Australia - WOMADelaide
03-08 Meredith, Australia - Golden Plains Festival
03-11 Melbourne, Australia - The Corner Hotel
03-13 Auckland, New Zealand - Kings Arms Hotel
03-14 New Plymouth, New Zealand - Womad NZ
03-16 Wellington, New Zealand - San Francisco Bathhouse
05-22 Vancouver, British Columbia - Commodore Ballroom
05-24-27 George, WA - The Gorge (Sasquatch!)
05-25 Portland, OR - Crystal Ballroom
05-27 San Francisco, CA - Grand Ballroom
05-28 San Francisco, CA - Grand Ballroom
05-30 Los Angeles, CA - Wiltern Theatre
06-26 Paris, France - Olympia
06-30 Munich, Germany - Muffathalle
07-01 Schorndorf, Germany - Manufaktur
07-02 Cologne, Germany - Live Music Hall
07-04 Hamburg, Germany - Fabrik
07-17-20 Benicassim, Spain - Benicassim Festival

No comments: