Wednesday 23 January 2008

Portisheadstravaganza!!!


Don't lie: you love it!!! You can't get enough of all this Portishead news!!!

Or maybe you're just like me, and there are weird unearthly noises emanating from the basement and you haven't really been able to feel your feet properly for the past two hours b/c it's been non-stop fucking cold outside and you have the most boring job of all time and you're so desperate for entertainment that your big idea is to accumulate various newspaper crossword puzzles and surreptitiously complete them under the counter. (Note: I have never worked through an entire crossword puzzle. Filling in two answers is enough to remind me that they are boring, and for people who are not loudmouthed and entertaining enough on their own. That is why it is a "big idea.")

And, wow! Portishead has new promotional photos, which don't scream "1997, what a year! What ever happened to Cibo Matto?" when you look at them. That's nice!

Because I'm exhausted and my throat hurts, here's some news I copied directly from Pitchfork, just like I copied this picture from them! Thank, dudes.

New UK album date!= April 14, 2008
New album name!=Third
New tour dates!=


03.26.08- Porto, Portugal - Coliseum
03.27.08- Lisbon, Portugal - Coliseum
03.30.08 - Milan, Italy - Alcatraz
03.31.08 - Florence, Italy - Sashall
04.09.08 - Manchester, England - Apollo
04.10.08 - London, England - Hammersmith Apollo
04.11.08 - Edinburgh, Scotland - Corn Exchange
04.13.08 - Wolverhampton, England - Civic
04.26.08 - Indio, CA - Coachella (or as I call it, Crotchella. I did not enjoy my experience there, see.)
05.05.08 - Paris, France - Zenith
05.29.08 -05.31.08 - Barcelona, Spain - Primavera Sound


ALSO, I heard a rumor that the band is going to play SXSW.


Okay, actually I didn't. Exhausted/potentially ill person humor.

No comments: