Thursday 31 January 2008

Siouxsie Sioux on tour!



Hey, check it out! It's Siouxsie Sioux and Kid Congo Powers!! Not on tour, but in this photograph. They look like friends. It is nice to have friends. Who wants to go see Barack Obama with me on Saturday? Friends? Friends????

Unfortunately Siouxsie will not be heading to M-Town on her upcoming "Mantaray" tour, which is okay, because I saw her at Electric Ballroom last autumn. It was awesome, but there was a lot of pleather. And not in the audience, either--on the backing band. This was kind of disturbing. It was like 1992. I do not want anything to be like 1992.

Apparently Siouxsie herself does not have this qualm, because Rasputina is opening most of the shows. I think I saw them on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" once, when I was in junior high, or possibly high school. Oh God, between this and the Portishead reunion, I am getting THIS close to putting on a pair of plaid pants and calling my friends for 3 hour long conversations about how "everything sucks. I can't wait to get out the suburbs." Yikes.




Siouxsie in the house!!!!

02.08.08 - New York, NY - Irving Plaza
02.09.08 - New York, NY - Irving Plaza
02.12.08 - San Francisco, CA - The Fillmore *
02.13.08 - San Francisco, CA - The Fillmore *
02.15.08 - Los Angeles, CA - The Music Box @ Fonda *
02.16.08 - Los Angeles, CA - The Music Box @ Fonda *
02.18.08 - Anaheim, CA - House of Blues *
02.19.08 - Anaheim, CA - House of Blues *
02.29.08 - Manchester, England - Academy 2
03.01.08 - Liverpool, England - Academy
03.03.08 - Glasgow, Scotland - ABC
03.04.08 - Wolverhampton, England - Wulfrun Hall
03.06.08 - Bristol, England - Anson Rooms
03.07.08 - Oxford, England - Academy
03.10.08 - London, England - Shepherds Bush Empire


*with Rasputina

No comments: