Wednesday 9 January 2008

New Nick Video!!!


Yes! Here's a picture of Nick Cave and Kid Congo Powers sitting on a beach drinking coconut drinks. It totally looks like the best vacation EVER!!!! There is also a new Nick Cave video for Dig, Lazarus, Dig!, the lead single off of the album of the same name, and that is why I am actually writing this post. The album's due out March 3rd in the UK and in the States, well, at some point, I'm sure. Possibly Mute Records blew their Nick Cave Video Budget on renting that monkey for Grinderman's "Grinderman" video
because this one has a fairly low-budget sorta feel, with Nick roaming the streets of many different lands, gesticulating at the camera and dancin' around. He even walks past a very blurry yet very dapper Mr. Peanut. Mr. Peanut! I was so excited to see him because (if you are familiar with my obsession concerning UK Barber shop chain Mr. Topper's you will already know that) I have a weakness for cartoon animals/pieces of food that wear a tophat and carry a cane they don't really need. So dashing!

Here's the video. I like the looks of the new website. That Ouija board thing is awesome. Also, Nick Cave and I are both Virgos. Oh, did I say that already? Possibly at the bar, while drunk? SORRY.

UPDATE: Wow, the videos of the Bad Seeds' seance are incredible! What kind of spectral presence will respond to their otherwordly efforts?

Seance 1

Seance 2

Mr. Peanut


Mr. Topper!!


Also, here's that picture of Nick Cave passed out on a bar again. I like it, and so it's back.

No comments: