Monday 14 January 2008

A Frames dude's other band playing SXSW, holla! A Frames playing, well, Seattle a lot.



Superloud Seattle post-punk band A Frames have a new album in the works, according to a fairly old summer post on the website of their now defunct label, Dragnet Records. Alas, new label Sub Pop ain't saying shit about it just yet. In another fun twist, I can't really figure out what's going on with either the A Frames, or dude's other band, the Intelligence from their MySpace pages. And if one can't find out information--whether it be tour dates or embarrassing information about someone you don't like--on MySpace, where else can you turn? I mean, really?

I hadn't thought about either band much recently until I read that a new album from the Intelligence was in the works. So, totally I am out of the loop and not really fit to be reporting this, but hey, my hands really hurt from writing temp job resumes and I gotta get out of my parents' house soon before the creepy silence and identical houses get to me even more. But I was thinking of updating this blog, first! Because that's the kind of person I am, Temp Agency: I'm a prioritizer. I'm a go-getter.

And also I like really loud music. So that's where we are today. A Frames are playing shows with their friends the Climax Golden Twins. And they're doin' it in Seattle!

A Frames and friends

2.17.08 - Seattle, WA - El Corazon
4.25.08 - Seattle, WA - The Funhouse


The Intelligence's new album Deuteronomy is coming out on In the Red Records. They're also playing--wait for it--Seattle, but then they're also coming to SXSW! Yay!

The Intelligence

1.20.08 - Seattle, WA - Neumo's
3.14.08 - Austin, TX - Somewhere at SXSW


Good ol' MySpace profiles:

A Frames

The Intelligence
I like "Cheer Up Switch" myself.

No comments: