Wednesday 16 January 2008

Country bonanza! My Morning Jacket new album, concert dates



Wow. I so have no motivation to do anything--not even to update this blog. Which is too bad, because as it turns out, my New Year's Resolution for 2008 was to attain/maintain motivation for all the things I start and never finish. (Or to be more exact, things I think of starting and never actually start.) Here are some things I did today:

-washed a teacup that had been sitting on my bedroom floor for 3 and a half weeks
-listened to my mom conduct a one-sided conversation with the cat for three full minutes
-took a shower
-got dressed
-looked at the internet

Yes! That's right! I did all those things, and possibly later I will plan on doing even more! For example, the bedroom I'm staying in has started to resemble the house occupied by that guy on The X-Files who starts "nesting" in massive piles of old newspapers and eventually creates gross, creepy tunnels all through his abode. Yeah, that is what this room looks like. Except, instead of newspapers, it is filled with scattered, faux-Victorian-looking clothes that I never properly unpacked. Because I am not living with my parents!!! OH NO I AM NOT!!!! But perhaps I will consider cleaning it, a little.

Update: My mom just said, "I am a little disappointed that no one noticed the butter! Last night there was just a tiny amount, but today we have a full half-stick!"

Wow, with that kind of excitement you would think I'd be itching to stay here and really get down to writing half-assed music stories on my world famous music blog. But actually, HOLY SHIT, I am feeling the need to get out of here as soon as possible.

And so I am not going to take the time to make a nice segue into a story about My Morning Jacket and their new untitled album scheduled for release on ATO Records on 10 June. There aren't any new tracks up on ye olde My Morning Jacket MySpace page but perhaps someday there will be. Until then, here's the very few dates the Americana dudes have scheduled in '08.

3.10.08 - Houston, TX - Verizon Wireless Theatre with Yo La Tengo
3.13.08 - Austin, TX - Austin Music Hall (SXSW)
3.15.08 - Austin, TX - St. David's Church (Jim James solo) (SXSW)
6.20.08 - New York, NY - Radio City Music Hall ("An Evening With My Morning Jacket")

No comments: