Thursday 13 December 2007

Liars and No Age on tour, again in places where I will not be

In a charitable effort to bring dudes that look like Nick Cave to every corner of the globe, Liars are once again embarking on a month-long tour, this time with No Age. And just like PJ Harvey, they're not coming to where I live! I'd forgotten how (inter)national acts avoid Minneapolis in the winter months--but I certainly remember the deep frustration and boredom of it now!!!! Who's ready to spend the next five months propping up the bar and waiting for South By Southwest time to roll around?

Nick!


Liars


Is there some sort of weird subsection of Melbourne residents who look, sound, and sneer exactly like this? If so, let's start work on cloning more and importing them to the United States, please. K, thanks, call me!

So, yes, I would've gone to see Liars for the third time in four months if they were only coming to fair, icy Minneapolis, where I will be spending my winter. Because that's how I roll, wintering one place, summering in another. It's like the elegance of Henry James meets the affected nonchalance and hedonism of Bret Easton Ellis! Now excuse me while my monkey butler harnesses the velvet harness to my ocelot sleigh. I've got some sapphire-encrusted pistols once owned by the Shah of Persia that I'm just aching to bestow on any scientists interested in advancing a little genetic project I've been thinking about.



Dear Liars and No Age, there is totally time for you to swing up to Mpls after you hit Chicago!!! Or just see you at SXSW? Great, love ya!!!!

01.25.08 - San Francisco, CA - Slim’s
01.26.08 - Reno, NV - Club Underground
01.28.08 - Portland, OR - Wonder Ballroom
01.29.08 - Seattle, WA - Showbox at the Market
01.30.08 - Boise, ID - Neurolux
01.31.08 - Salt Lake City, UT - Urban Lounge
02.01.08 - Denver, CO - Marquis Theater
02.02.08 - Lawrence, KS - Bottleneck
02.04.08 - Grinnell, IA - Grinnell College
02.05.08 - Chicago, IL - Metro
02.07.08 - Buffalo, NY - Traif
02.08.08 - Boston, MA - Paradise Rock Club
02.09.08 - Brooklyn, NY - Warsaw
02.10.08 - Philadelphia, PA - First Unitarian Church
02.12.08 - Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
02.13.08 - Asheville, NC - Orange Peel
02.14.08 - Atlanta, GA - The Earl
02.16.08 - Austin, TX - The Mohawk
02.17.08 - Denton, TX - Hailey’s
02.19.08 - Albuquerque, NM - Launchpad
02.20.08 - Tempe, AX - The Clubhouse
02.21.08 - San Diego, CA - Casbah
02.22.08 - Los Angeles, CA - El Rey Theatre

No comments: