Monday 1 October 2007

This movie is not even close to being designated the "best ever"

Which isn't to say it won't be good. I just want to maintain some kind of standard here. I mean, I've already established that Halloween, HTRK, and "The Assassination of Jesse James" are three of the best things on this planet we call earth. What kind of credibility would I have if I already proffered up a fourth? (Hint: It's "cats".)

Anyway, Canadian filmmaker Guy Maddin's upcoming flick Brand Upon the Brain looks pretty damn sweet to me, like an awesome collaboration b/w David Lynch and the entire Weimar period in German history. Also it looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than a snuff film. Once I watched a "Dateline" episode concerning snuff films. It made me so unhappy that I was forced to spend the rest of the night at the Triple Rock, drinking away the painful memories. I am going to go out on a limb here and say that Brand Upon the Brain, on the other hand, will make me want to go out and high five everyone I meet.

No comments: