Sunday 30 September 2007

An overly earnest cover version of "Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)"


I wanted to post something about the Egyptian-born, Italian singer Dalida mainly, because, well, she's hot and when I bought the album "Les Gitans" I basically had no idea what she was about. The former Ms. Egypt was popular in Egypt, France, and Italy during the late 1950s to the 1980s and had 55 gold records. In what was arguably her finest musical contribution, Dalida introduced France to disco music via a track called "J'attendrai." It is, however, not as good as the following clip, an overly earnest rendition of Sonny Bono's song "Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down." I bet you haven't heard this song since 2003, when everyone incessantly played the Nancy Sinatra version from the "Kill Bill Vol. 1" soundtrack, huh? Well get ready to experience "Bang Bang" like you have never experienced it before...in ITALIAN.


No comments: