Saturday 29 September 2007

According to iTunes, I have listened to this Beach House song 15 times today

Oh Beach House, I love you. At first I didn't think you'd really be my thing, since, you know, my thing is pretty much limited entirely to the X--Siouxsie--Nick Cave triumvirate. How wrong was I? Well, I think the headline says it all. Beach House are a duo from Baltimore. They are signed to the Cocteau Twins' Simon Raymonde and Robin Guthrie's Bella Union label. And they are awesome. (I love you, too, Cocteau Twins, and I would've included you in the aforementioned favorite band thing if it didn't totally preclude the use of the word "triumvirate". What would I call it then, a "quatrumvirate"? Screw that!) There are many good songs on this album, but the one that inspired the heading also gets the video.



Oh man, I am totally a sucker for any video depicting a slightly creepy vaudeville-ish kinda stage. Oh yes. The song does, in fact, have a title. It's called "Master of None" off their debut self-titled album.

No comments: