Monday 15 February 2010

Beach House makes world's greatest holiday, Record Store Day, even better


As frequent readers of this blog will know, there is no greater holiday than RECORD STORE DAY!!!!!!! (Ok, except maybe--definitely--Halloween.) (And also OH SO COINCIDENTALLY, you will know that no band has better press photos than Beach House. Look at 'em! They're having a seance or some shit.) Anyways, Record Store Day is the best because, if you work at a participating record store, not only do you get a commemorative t-shirt, but maybe you, the hungry employee, can prize some complimentary, congealing pizza from the greedy hands (er, I meant splendid hands, WE LOVE YOU!!!!) of a customer. (What? You're there for like 7 hours and you're hungry. That guy has been there for all of fifteen minutes.) And the best part of all is the Record Store Day exclusives.


Last year it was some thing from Jesus Lizard that I did not get but if someone wants to get it for me off of E-bay right now, that would be pretty awesome. This year my personal most coveted RSD exclusive (mostly b/c I haven't heard of anything else yet, but come on, you know I love them) is a Beach House EP entitled Zebra. It contains four tracks, including something called "10 Mile Stereo (Cough Syrup Remix)," and while I have never drank a bottle of cough syrup, I am still totally intrigued by the concept...once you factor in Beach House. (Why? I figure you'd see leprechauns and maybe Three Six Mafia. And also have the added bonus of doing something super trashy. Fascinating!) Anyways, Record Store Day falls on April 17 this year, so that's pretty much your (non-Ebay) day to get this thing. Do it! Because then later you can give it for me when you forget my birthday.

Tracklisting:

01 Zebra (UK Radio Edit)
02 The Arrangement
03 Baby
04 10 Mile Stereo (Cough Syrup Remix)

No comments: