Monday 13 July 2009

Other record of the year: Bibio


Warp Records artist Bibio came out of nowhere one morning while I was driving to work to totally rock my world. I was listening to the Top 7 Countdown on my favorite college radio station, Radio K, and it was all kinda "meh." And then suddenly this song kicks in that reminds me in a lot of ways of the Durutti Column's "Sketch for Summer," a song which has always managed to make me really happy no matter what's going on. English producer guy Bibio's tracks "Jealous of Roses" and "Ambivalence Avenue" (off the album of the same name) make me feel the same way. (Listen here!)

This is the other album you should buy besides HTRK so that we can talk about it. Of course, I don't know what kind of person besides me would be equally into such two strikingly different albums, but maybe you are. And you should be. Top notch stuff here. From the looks of his MySpace, Bibio is also extremely into CATS, which as anyone will tell you, gives you major points with me.

No comments: