Friday 22 May 2009

Well, I guess I'll post something about The Mayfair Set


For the love of God someone please post some interesting music news SOMEWHERE! And soon! I have been waiting all week for something reasonably exciting to post on this blog, and have come up with zilch. (Kind of--I don't want to seem like I'm more on the ball than I really am. It wouldn't be too difficult to out me on that. I have been definitely spending a fair amount of time refreshing my facebook and looking at clothes, too.) I've been sitting on this computer for an hour now looking for something just mildly diverting, and here I am still, with nothing to show for it. Stereogum posted about a couple new songs from The Mayfair Set, who I decided to check out because of a) blog material desperation and b) because it's a collabo b/w Blank Dogs and Dum Dum Girls, and all these people I know had been going on about Blank Dogs, but I think that show was the night I went to Fucked Up instead, and I missed it. (Much like I missed most of Fucked Up, but that's another boring story altogether.)

And you know, I guess it's a good thing that I did give 'em ye olde listen, because they're pretty cool. They're playing a show in Brooklyn with Crystal Stilts, the "Crystal" band I prefer of the two that recently put out records. (Antlers being the other, less preferred one.) Check it out, yo, they're also playing with Blank Dogs!


07.03.09 - Brooklyn, NY - 979 Broadway Backyard (Woodsist/Captured Tracks Festival w/ Blank Dogs and Crystal Stilts)

No comments: