Saturday 7 March 2009

Ohhhh noooo!!! Runaways movie starring Dakota Fanning?!?!???


I am 100% going to see this movie, whether it gets a 4 star review or a totally freakin' terrible review. According to Pitchfork, Dakota Fanning will be playing Runaways lead singer Cherie Currie alongside that chick from "Twilight" as Joan Jett in an upcoming Runaways movie directed by Floria Sigismondi, who directed a Sigur Ros video, but I don't know which one b/c I don't like Sigur Ros, sorry, and therefore I don't want to watch it. This is weird enough on its own, I guess, but I decided to add some fun facts about Cherie Currie that I discovered while perusing the internet.

1. She appeared in a Fran Drescher vehicle entitled The Rosebud Beach Hotel. Check out the IMDB synopsis!

After taking over a failing Miami hotel with her workaholic fiance, Elliot, Tracy thinks Monique Gabrielle has seduced her better half-to-be. She then tries to have an affair of her own, and arranges for hookers to become bellhops. Meanwhile, her rich daddy hires an inept arsonist to blow up the place. Explosive!

2. She appeared on Matlock and Murder, She Wrote. Geriatric!

3. She is now a chainsaw artist, carving bear buddies and spiritual landscapes. Somebody call the State Fair!

No comments: