Wednesday 7 January 2009

Annie Album Update!


Apparently even though their relationship is totally done-zo, Island Records still has a video for Annie's "I Know UR Girlfriend Hates Me" up on YouTube. Of course, this is a topic that needs constant addressing in pop songs, as there will always be girlfriends who hate for a myriad amount of reasons ranging from (as detailed in the Pussycat Dolls' 2005 life-altering smash hit "Don'tcha") being hotter, freakier, rawer, and just plain more fun. And while "I Know" is an alright song, I actually kind like the PCD anthem better. I know I will regret saying this later, like, when I actually see a picture of the Pussycat Dolls and remember, "This is probably what suicide bombers stare at to get themselves all amped up for working over American embassies and stuff."

So the fact that Annie is revamping her follow-up, Don't Stop, after it was dropped late last year by Island is kinda okay with me. According to my sources (Pitchfork and Billboard--ooooh! Super secret!), Annie recorded over sixty songs for the album--and only 12 made the Island cut. At this point, my favorite nouveau disco heroine has stated to the press that "I own the masters, so I can do whatever I want to do. I might do it myself, on my own label." Nice work, lady. Word is that when Don't Stop DOES come out later this year, on some as yet unnamed label, the tracklisting and production work might be completely different. And hopefully with more monochrome martini pool party album artwork.

No comments: