Thursday 20 March 2008

I am not at all embarrassed to say I'm excited about these Cure tribute albums


OK. So maybe I am a little bit. But as most readers know, I am not AT ALL embarrassed about my deep and undying love for mystical harpsichord band Bat for Lashes. Seriously. And that is why I am repeating this piece of information. (Plus the Cure were awesome when they first started out. So there.)

Now that I've got that out of the way, let's get down to business. There are two Cure tribute albums coming out, and neither of them will probably suck or have an all shitty industrial band roster. (News in and of itself.) One is by Manimal Vinyl and entitled Perfect as Cats: A Tribute to the Cur. The other is by the much-better named American Laundromat Records and called Just Like Heaven: A Tribute to the Cure. The former will include tracks from such people as Bat for Lashes, Cocorosie, Blonde Redhead and a young lady named Lou Doillon who is directly descended from Jane Birkin and the half-sister of Ms Charlotte Gainsbourg. The latter is rumored to feature the Raveonettes, the Rosebuds, and something called Grand Duchy (it's Black Francis and Violet Clark.)

Bat for Lashes is doing "A Forest", which I am very happy with. I really really don't like "Pictures of You." I can't explain it--I just don't.

To peep who's singing what, may I direct you to the Pitchfork article I ripped this news off from.

No comments: