Wednesday 26 March 2008

HOT DAMN: Teenage Jesus and the Jerks play 2 shows in NYC!!!!


OMG OMG This is so amazing I can't even think of any typically droll thing to say about it. Ohhhhh man, the only problem(s) is/are that I have no $$$, and that the shows are on the same night as my place of employment, Minneapolis' Electric Fetus Records store's 40th anniversary party at First Avenue. So of course I have to go to that, I mean, the city needs to experience my cover of the Thompson Twins' "Hold Me Now" with the all record store employee band, the Electric Fetus All-stars. (This could be my big break!!!!!)

But ohhhh money, you are such a bitch.

The legendary no wave band was fronted by Lydia Lunch and throughout its short lifespan featured people like Jim Sclavunos (later of the the Bad Seeds, Sonic Youth, the Cramps) and James Chance of Contortions fame. They're playing two shows at the Knitting Factory in NYC on June 13 to celebrate the release of that Thurston Moore and Byron Coley book No Wave: Post-Punk. Underground. New York. 1976-1980 and the shows have an intriguingly described secret guest. Oh SWOON.

No comments: