Tuesday 13 July 2010

Pitchfork 2010: Countdown to Irresponsibility


I am leaving my workaday existence behind in 18.5 work hours (but who's counting) and heading down to Chicago for this year's Pitchfork Festival. You might be surprised by this, since I neither a) own neon pants or b) rock a beard and a flannel shirt. But know this: Pitchfork is pretty awesome. There's the incredible Flatstock poster show!!! There's the possibly even more incredible record fair, including a stand from the phenomenal Permanent Records, where I dropped like 300 unplanned American dollars last year! They have vegan ice cream--that's super good and not at all disgusting!!!! There was also something else last year that I remember totally enjoying eating even though now for the life of me I can't think of what it was!!!! And best of all, WAIT FOR IT, it takes place in the same city that inspired the TGIF laugh-a-thon Perfect Strangers!

Also Permanent Records has a store cat if you go to their actual physical retail location. And lots of French noise rock. FRENCH NOISE ROCK.

This year I am jazzed about the following performers:

Washed Out!
Beach House!
Liars!
Robyn!
Kurt Vile!

I would provide links to their tunes but I can't visit MySpace pages at work (where I am totally NOT slacking off and typing this).

No comments: