Friday 20 February 2009

X and John Doe news


Ahhh...I finally unearthed (GROAN) my favorite promo shot of legendary LA punk band X, and just in time for this piece of news! (Well, it's presumably a promo shot...unless they just got together on a Friday night to dig up fake graves and take pictures of themselves hanging out inside them, in which case, I want those friends, too.) X is going on tour this spring, with multiple dates in several cities (Denver, Seattle, NYC) and zero dates in others. (Why you want-a hate on-a Minneapolis??? The local stereotypical Italian community wants to know.) Especially tragic since I missed them last year when I was forced to go out of town for Easter, and my mom didn't buy my pre-adolescent style "But mooooom, it's one of my favorite baaaaands" whining as an appropriate excuse to miss this important family holiday.

X dates:

04.09.09 - Portland, OR - Crystal Ballroom
04.10.09 - Seattle, WA - The Showbox
04.11.09 - Seattle, WA - The Showbox
04.14.09 - Denver, CO - Bluebird Theatre
04.15.09 - Denver, CO - Bluebird Theatre
04.19.09 - Indio, CA - Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival
05.15.09 - Minehead, England - All Tomorrow’s Parties
05.29.09 - New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom
05.30.09 - New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom
05.31.09 - New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom


And in other news, X co-frontman John Doe is releasing an album of country covers (and a smattering of originals) with The Sadies, entitled Country Club. I love John Doe's voice, I love country. Win: win!


Tracklisting below!

1) Stop the World and Let Me Off
Waylon Jennings


2) Husbands and Wives
Roger Miller


3) 'Til I Get It Right
Tammy Wynette


4) It Just Dawned on Me
Exene Cervenka, John Doe
(Kathleen Edwards - vocals)

5) (Now and Then) There's a Fool Such as I
Hank Snow


6) The Night Life
Ray Price


7) The Sudbury Nickel
The Sadies

8) Before I Wake
The Sadies


9) I Still Miss Someone
Johnny Cash


10) The Cold Hard Facts of Life
Porter Wagoner


11) Take These Chains from My Heart
Hank Williams


12) Help Me Make It Through the Night
Kris Kristofferson

13) Are the Good Times Really Over for Good
Merle Haggard
(Kathleen Edwards - vocals)

14) Detroit City
Bobby Bare

15) Pink Mountain Rag
The Sadies


John Doe solo dates:

02.28.09 - Los Angeles, CA - Largo
03.05.09 - Brisbane, AUS - The Troubadour
03.06.09 - Sydney, AUS - Manning Bar at Sydney University
03.07.09 - Melbourne AUS - The Corner Hotel
03.08.09 - Melbourne, AUS - Golden Plains Festival

No comments: