Thursday 11 December 2008

Lykke Li saves February, ventures into concert deadzone of Midwestern midwinter


My two favorite things to come out of Sweden this year: Lykke Li and the Morrissey-song-title-inspired child vampire flick, Let the Right One In. And now one is going on tour! And fortunately for humanity, it is not the one with fangs and a primordial need for bloooood.

I am pretty excited about this Lykke Li date in Minneapolis because a) it is a show by non-local band during a stupid, cold month when NOOOOO touring bands ever come through and b) because I never go to the Varsity, even though I kinda like it, and since I cannot afford to pay for this show, I will have to find a way in. A challenge! What a thrill this will surely provide. All of the challenges in my life right now are like, "How can I get money to pay my rent relatively on time?" or "Where's the shovel?" or "Is it humanly possible to work three jobs in one day?" This will be much better, I think.

1/31/09 Washington, DC @ Sixth and I
2/2/09 New York, NY @ Webster Hall
2/4/09 Montreal, PQ @ Club Soda
2/6/09 Toronto, ON @ Phoenix
2/7/09 Chicago, IL @ Metro
2/8/09 Minneapolis, MN @ Varsity
2/11/09 Vancouver, BC @ Commodore
2/12/09 Portland, OR @ Hawthorne
2/13/09 Seattle, WA @ Showbox
2/15/09 San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore
2/17/09 Pomona, CA @ Glass House
2/18/09 Dallas, TX @ Granada
2/19/09 Austin, TX @ Antone's

No comments: